Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Long Day

I'm working a convention today. I worked it yesterday I'm working it tomorrow and this weekend. This is a well paying aspect of my job. I don't get these assignments often. Someone got a latteral promotion and that means that I've moved up one rung on the ladder. Though I didn't really get a promotion, it feels like I did. My friend Kiki was so excited for me , she went out and bought a bunch of outfits so I can look nicer at work. However, she got them all on sale. I mean the clearance rack, but it's all great looking stuff. She had to have gotten $1000.00 worth of outfits for about $100.00. Today I am wearing a lovely boiled wool jacket. It really fits me well and it looks fantastic.
It has been very slow here. We have not had a lot of interaction with the attendees.
That is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Yay, Dotty. Congrats on the rung movement.

Whenever you mention convention work, I picture you in a 1950s, belly-button covering bikini and a bunch of old men in plaid jackets and Shriner's fezes.

Is it like that and do you get your rump goosed?

Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:09:00 AM  
Blogger Dot Dwyer said...

Oh. . .. if only that were the reality ! However, I have had a fantasy like that. The old men are fat & hairy, in my version . . .. I look like Marlo Thomas from "That Girl". . .but I haven't met Donald yet. . . . .

Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home