Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Okay, sorry, it's been about a month since I last posted. Partly because I just didn't make the time to write and partly because I have nothing to say. I work 7 days a week and when I get home, I veg in front of basic cable tv. Often, it's stuff I've seen already because the new stuff seems to appear infrequently. Tonight , the holiday , it's all reruns or stuff I have no interest in. Rosie O'Donnell apparently had a variety show on tv where Life should have been. I don't care if her and Barbra Walters are still feuding . They both make way more money than me and don't make me want to watch them.
Today , my family did our usual thing. Mum made the turkey, my brother made the stuffing and I made the mashed potatoes, gravy and squash. I have to say , the gravy came out really good this year. The meal took about 5 hours to prepare and it took us about 20 minutes to consume our fill. It was fine in a way that being with my family is on a holiday like this.
I had the day off. I did a load of laundry early and I finished the last 2 issues of Vogue that I hadn't gotten around to reading. I'll recycle them to a co-worker on Sunday. Tomorrow, I have off as well. Things are slow at the Friday rockpile, there have been layoffs, though I still seem to have a job . However, if there isn't business generated for other departments, then there is nothing for me to file. Hence, an unexpected day off.
I hope to do more laundry and reading and maybe some puttering. Maybe something will strike me to write about and I will post it .
I'm glad to be alive and I am thankful for the health of my friends and family.I am also thankful for magazines, washing machines and Zen Party snack mix at Target.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home