Wednesday, November 29, 2006

One For You, One For Me

So, I'm preparing for a Bridal shower, a wedding and Christmas. Three Sundays in a row. I gotta work and I gotta buy presents. Yeah, I know, in the grand scheme of things I don't "GOTTA" but I feel I need to keep up with the Jones's and certain people close to me expect a minimal level of civility. I haven't enjoyed Christmas in years and I don't think people actually think of marriage as a sacrament, anymore. Both occassions have lost their allure and are now just tasks I must persevere through. Nice Attitude Dot !
Tonight , my co-workers invited me to go out and carouse and maybe Karaoke tonight. Sorry, can't go , I'm about to get really busy and I need to maximize every possible moment preparing for the up- coming festivities. Buying stuff for the shower, getting a dress for the wedding and purchasing Xmas gifts. That's what I set out to do.
I got the dress for the wedding. It will require a foundation garment, but the price was right. I got plates, utensils and cups for the shower , to go along with the napkins I got Sunday. However, I bought 2 pairs of shoes at Kohl's. I knew a style I wanted was on sale , but the boots were half price. The right height and comfort for my purposes. Yeah, black shoes. You would think I had enough black shoes by now, but we'd both be wrong. I bought a turtleneck for my Mother. I can't afford this stuff. I shouldn't be buying stuff for myself, I should be spending my money on others. Oh, they're not less fortunate, I just need to meet some obligations. I haven't used a charge card yet. But I hope I stop gathering soon and start nesting for the winter.
It's cra-zay-zee. . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Tain't nothing wrong with needing a foundation garment. I wish more of the younguns new the value.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 3:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home