Friday, October 27, 2006

Dead for Pay

Oh Dear God. I don't know why today was so difficult ! . .. . . . actually, I do know why. Today, I worked a job that I only work a couple of times a year, as I am needed. There is a protocal , and I follow it. If everything isn't where it's supposed to be, I'm fucked. There is no one to call. That didn't stop me from making a lot of calls, but they were, for the most part, fruitless and I think annoying to a couple of the recipients. "Uh, sorry to bother you but there are no supplies at the desk and I don't have a chair". I had to share the booth with a couple of old ladies who work for a sub-contractor and , since their company doesn't provide any supplies, except convention information, and mine, if I can get into the supply closet, does-they take all our pamplets and maps and pass them off as theirs. I know it sounds petty, but they don't really help me do the job. I try not to engage them in conversation lest I end up having to listen to them all day. Unless I do something really wrong, I'm never going to have to see them again. They pretty much got the message and left me alone. I prefer to be courteous, but I don't need to be friendly. I got enough friends. . . and I know what they're like already. I don't feel the lack of love that only you can provide. You're just another mouth breather sucking as much of my soul as you can manage. I have to go back tomorrow. Pray for me.
Speaking of Soul Suckers. . ...
After work ,I took a class on Paranormal Investigation at the Boston Center for the Arts. It was taught by Mike Dion who was a featured investigator this week on Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel. He did a really good job. The type of entity that sucks a soul is referred to as a "Parasidic Entity" . I also learned about "Residual Hauntings" and he played some real "EVPS"-the voices of the dead that show up on tapes and digital recordings. Unfortunately, there was a ball room dancing class next door that was playing Nora Jones really loudly over, and over again. It was distracting to Mike and the class. It was hard to distinguish who was dead and who was Norah Jones . . . . Thank Goodness I had this to look forward to all day. It was the only thing that kept me going .
On my way back to the train, I passed through the Public Garden. There were people walking their dogs and I saw a couple of people looking at a statue that was lit up and there were a couple of people having sex right near the exit to Beacon Street across from Cheers. At least , that's what I overheard the guy who was walking his dog and calling the police was saying into his cellphone. I couldn' t see any body parts or nothing but , it definitely looked like they could have been having sex. Only crazy people have sex in the park that early in the evening ! Dudes! Wait until after midnight !!!!
I need a day off. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Hey, Dot --

BOO!

That's me being all parasitic and paranormal.

I took a day off today and HIGHLY recommend it.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 2:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home