Monday, November 13, 2006

A Week in Review

Well, yesterday, I had the day off. I had all sorts of organizational hopes and dreams. I bought some "Space Bags" at Target on Friday and I was going to do the seasonal clothing transfer thing. Maybe get rid of some clothes , books and video tapes I have never and probably will never use. Yet, I drifted through the day like I had all the time in the world. I did get two loads of laundry done, getting closer to the bottom of the pile on every pass. Mostly, I read magazines. So, in a way, that will clear some space because the recycling goes out on Friday. I don't know how I manage to accumulate so many pieces of "Stuff".
Last Monday, Kiki and I went to see "The Queen" starring Helen Mirren and James Cromwell. It tells the sroty of what the Royal family might have been going through during the events of Diana's death. I thought it was well done and moving, Kiki thought it should have been more educational. My friend Jack and his girlfriend really liked it , as well. On Tuesday, we went to see "Catch a Fire". We both really like Tim Robbins. It was the story of Victor Chomossa and how he ended up as a freedom fighter against Apartheid in South Africa. It was very moving and I thought it was well-done. Both sides truly felt like they were doing what was right for their people. It was not an easy call. Generally , I don't like politically themed films, but I thought both were very good.
Wed. , I did the All Asia. We had a pretty good crowd. I gotta hand it to Janet for producing the show and doing new material every time. It's also been a useful venue for me to create new material. Sometimes. because I am so comfortable there, I think of fairly good stuff while I'm on stage. Also, I love the "Rice Bowls" that Patty makes.
Thursday, I went to a new Brazilian restaurant with a friend. It was okay , but it was no Cafe bela ! Then , Friday and Saturday I did my marketing and and Target cruising after work and then came home and collapsed from exhaustion.
I wish I had accomplished more stuff yesterday. Frequently, when I get a whole day and a night off, I have more energy during the rest of the week. I am better able to meet my obligations and do my work. Right now, I just want to go back to bed. . . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

It's good to hear someone talking in praise of the All Asia. I was always appreciative of being comfortable there and being part of Janet's crew, more or less.

And, I like Patty's cooking. I think Patty and Mark are crazy, but what my mother might call "good people."

Monday, November 13, 2006 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home