Thursday, November 02, 2006

Throwing Up Water

I left Boston on Tuesday to do a show in Skowhegan Maine on Wed. morning. We stopped at a Ruby Tuesday's on the way up.I had a root beer , lump crab cake and the salad bad. We all had the salad bar. We got to our hotel around 10:30 PM. We settled in. I read a Boston paper I had bought before we left.
When I left the resatuarant I had started to experience some discomfort in my stomach. I would almost describe as a grinding/burning sensation. I thought I was going to cut a big fart in the tiny car that the 4 of us were travelling in. That fear would also contribute to my unease. We were still an hour away from our destination. I thought I was having motion sickness.
After we had setteld , we turned off the lights around 11:30. I was tossing and turning in the dark on the little twin bed. I couldn't seem to get comfortable. Usually, I don't have trouble sleeping , once I am in a bed. I think this went on for about an hour and I realized I was going to be sick. I ran to bathroom and up came the lump crab cake-over and over again. Okay, good, it's out of my system maybe I can sleep now. I think I was asleep for about 30 minutes and I jumped and ran to the toilet and released some more crab cake into the wild. Same deal, I go back to bed, sleep for about 30 minutes and jump up to yak again. This went on pretty much all night.
When the alarm went off at 5:30, Chris offered to reconfigure the show so I could stay in the hotel room and sleep. I felt like I had come this far -I wasn't going to miss the show , too. I made it through the show I was pretty weak, but I made all the cues and marks. We had a Q&A after the show with the kids. Near the end of the first session, I got up and threw up water in the toilet. For the force and quantity of volumn, I would have thought the discharge would have been more substantial. Nope. Just water, mixed with stomach juices, but basicallly water.
I still had one more session and then we could leave. I was drinking water because I was parched. It was like I had a wick inside me that was draining all the fluids to some remote location. I was weak , like I couldn't move fast or some pipe inside of me would break. The group stopped at a favorite restaurant on the way home and I just slept in the car. I dosed most of the way home . I called my boss to say that we were still in Maine . She said "If you aren't here by 2 , don't bother showing up" that was the nicest thing she could have said to me.
They dropped me off at my home around 3 . I shuffled into the house, got my coat off and heaved water up for about 10 minutes. All the water I had been sipping on the way home just wouldn't go down and stay down. Then I slept. I would wake up for about ten minutes and then go back to sleep. I slept straight through until 8 am today. I don't feel as sick but I am worried that I won't be able to keep anything down.
I thought this was food poisoning but everyone pretty much ate the same thing . So, this must be a flu. I kept moaning "I wish I was dead" in the car on the way home. I hate being sick.


Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Oh. Poor Dot. If I was in the neighborhood, I would bring you flat ginger ale and saltines.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger Dot Dwyer said...

Well, I threw up some more water and pooped myself. Thanks for the offer, my Mom made me black tea and toast. I got it down and it's stayed down. Though, I think death would have been easier. . .

Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger John-Ross said...

were you really vomiting water, or were you pretending?

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home