Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Stolen/Wet

Tonight, we went to see "Stolen" the movie about the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum heist. Both Kiki and I really liked it. It was interesting to see some of the theories that have been mulled about the thieves and the possible underworld ties. It really makes me want to go to the museum. I particularly liked the art investigator -Howard Smith. A very unusual man who wears a fake nose. I don't want to spoil anything, he doesn't wear it for comic affect.
Earlier today, I had a rehearsal that ran long and kept me from going to Andover with enough time to get anything done. However, I was done early enough to be able to go home before I had to get to the afternoon job. So, I took the car to the car wash. A reasonable enough task on a beautiful day like today. However, if you've ridden in my car, next to me, you know that the passenger side window doesn't go up all the way. It's always open a little crack. I've brought the car through car washes before and it's been fine. Not this time. I think their water pressure is far superior to the other 3 car wash facilities that I frequent. Streaming jets of warm soapy water came shooting into the car soaking me, my pocket book and the passenger side seat.I held up my hand to the crack in the window with a wad of napkins in a futile attempt to block the fluid.The dash board and the side pocket with the maps got soaked as well. My blouse and skirt got soaked, too. Good thing I had time to go home and change .
The car looked really good and when I got home I wiped everything up and it made the vinyl surfaces shiny and clean. That is all. I have used my whitening system and now I am ready for bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Dot,

What movies are you seeing this weekend?

We might check out the Al Gore thing.

Friday, June 02, 2006 1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Dot,

What movies are you seeing this weekend?

We might check out the Al Gore thing.

Friday, June 02, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Dot,

What movies are you seeing this weekend?

We might check out the Al Gore thing.

Friday, June 02, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Sorry for three comments. I'm clearly an idiot.

Friday, June 02, 2006 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home