Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fat on TV et al

So , where do I begin ?
First off, I've been having trouble with my computer. I will kill Win Fixer for infecting my computer. If anyone knows how I can kill this computer vermin, I will climb that grassy knoll and start shooting.
Tonight there was an episode of a local show titled "Chronicle" featuring local favorites the Walsh Brothers , Dane Cook and a snippet of me. When I had imagined doing a television show with the Walsh Brothers all those years ago. .. this was not what I had in mind. It was a nice, if brief, feature on the Walshes. I was featured in that they showed me doing a joke in it's entirety . I looked enormous. That is not how I see myself. Yes, I am greatful that I got featured on Chronicle, I just hope it brings a lot of butts into the seats at the Comedy Studio. Oh Lordy, I have to lose weight !
Last night, I performed in Janet Cormier's Comedy Madness show at the All Asia. I always have a great time doing her show , but there were even fewer audience members last night than last time. On the bill were Brian Freer, Nicolette-a poet, Jason Fickel -a really good musician and me. I incorporated a lot of the new material , including the joke incoroporating Janet in to the setup . Again, I had a good time but I don't know how well that show can be used as a gauge as to how well the material is. Ah well, live and learn.
Earlier in the evening, I went to a retirement party for my friend who has been teaching at the Museum school for the last 34 years. He's a wonderful person and a world renown artist. I was happy for the turnout, he will be missed by students and faculty alike.
Monday night, Kiki and I went to se eMission Impossible III. I would say that the most impossible part of the movie for me was that I had to go to the bathroom-3 times ! I didn't think it was all that good. We had reallly been looking forward to it's release. We had even considered buying our tickets well in advance , believing that everyone would be going to see it. No, not so much. It had a potentially amazing cast-Ving Rhames, Michelle Monaghan, Jonathan Rhyes Meyers, Tom Cruise and the great Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I have to agree with my friend Dee-"More Philip Seymour Hoffman-less everything else". He plays a great villain.
There you have it . I'm all caught up . And thus, I lick my fat wounds and figure out what the hell I'm doing with this life !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home