Saturday, May 06, 2006

Naked Men & Hard Work

Since I'm not "Comic in Residence" anymore, I don't really have anything to blog on a daily basis.On Wednesday, My friend asked me to come down the Studio to see him do a set, Rick was very surprised to see me. It was a fine show. It was Alisha Yaffe's first show as comic in Residence. He did a fine job. I had really wanted to see Mary Beth Cowan, but I ended up out near the bar with Maggie MacDonald. Tonya Dalhaus was in a car accident on her way to the Studio and Maggie needed to know how to get to the hospital that Tanya was taken to. Maggie has only been living in Boston for about a month, so, she didn't know where the Cambridge hospitals might be. I finally had a chance to speak with Tanya today. She is banged up but she is okay. Thank goodness !
After folding the chairs, I headed over to ImprovBoston to see Andy's Naked Show. I had seen the version of the show he did in Scotland. It's a little disconcerting to see people you know and respect performing comedy naked. I even have a hard time seeing someone I'm in a relationship naked. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often. I think my favorite parts of the Naked Comedy Showcase were the sketches. I was especially impressed with the naked magician. That's got to be tough, doing magic naked. Where do you put the scarves and cards ? I don't know ! I still don't know !
The hard work was , Friday,I was scheduled to do a convention at the BCEC on Summer Street until 5:30 PM. In the middle of the shift, I got a call to go do a convention at the Hynes. I was told that the booth would be all set up . It wasn't. I got lost in the Hynes trying to find my contact. I had no supplies and I couldn't get into the storage closet because one of the other employees had taken the only key home with her and no one could get in touch with her. I ended up making reservations using the computer and a notebook I had with me. Fortunately , I always carry a pen with me. The conventioneers didn't realize that I wasn't scheduled to be there . They just couldn't figure out why I wasn't there earlier. They were lined up before I could develope a plan of action . I thought I was going to break down crying, I felt so abandoned . Friday was a tough long day.
Today was tough because the store was slow and I think I have allergies. I was tired all day. My car was covered in that yellow/green pollen at the end of the day.
Thus , here I sit on a Saturday evening in my sweat pants. I've done a load of laundry and I will probably go to sleep soon. I miss the action at the Studio , but I'm glad to have a quiet evening to myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

I, for one, am glad you are still posting to your weblog post residency.

Now, gotta go put on my jammies.

Sunday, May 07, 2006 2:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home