Tuesday, February 12, 2008

. . Pull Up to the Bumper Baaaaby !

. . .In a long black limousine. . . . . I wish I could remember the rest of the lyrics. Anyhow. . . When I got to the parking facility I use to take the train, when I got out of the car, I noticed that my front bumper was pulled out. Like . . . I had been in an accident .. .. or someone else's bumoer had hooked onto mine during a bad parallel parking job. . .. or maybe some neighborhood Visigoths had jumped up and down on it until it came apart. It was not attached in the most efficient manner to the rest of mine car and I didn't know how it had gotten detached. I stood there in the parking garage staring at it. Motionless, slack jawed & bewildered... thus losing whatever time I had gained in my morning commute. What could have possibly happened ? AND it had happened without my knowledge or involvement ? I was low grade pissed for most of the morning. I got the job done at work, but how did this happen?
On the way back to the car, I finally figured out that I hadn't missed anything when I got home last night or this morning when I got in the car to leave home, I had probably done it on the way out of the driveway. Sometimes, depending on how fast I go in reverse, I will sometimes bump between the sidewalk and the street. A little bump, I 've probably done it hundreds of times.. .. and today . . . it was just one time too many. My little SAAB hadn't been assaulted by anything more menacing than cumulative daily wear and tear.
I took it to my mechanic and they fixed it. The bumper is now secured to the car.
The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home