Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cankar Sore

Today was an uneventful day . We were short staffed at the visitor information center but it was really slow. Our unilingual cleaning lady (Spanish -Solamente) was trying to teach my bi-lingiual co-worker (her language of origin is Japanese, but she's pretty good at English) Spanish and I was the interpretor. A co-worker once described my command of Spanish as sort of like listening to the Lone Ranger speaking to Tonto. . . no transitive verbs. "You-Go -Here. Red Line -Freedon. 2 and a half mile. 3 hours" That 's me telling someone about the Freedom Trail in a language not my own. My enterprising co-worker started typing up the Spanish into English words. Pretty impressive , if you ask me. Of course you didn't . . . . but you're reading this blog. Shall I continue ? . . . . .
Our manager came in late and had to leave early because of meetings. We held it down. It was raining most of the day and then the sun come out for about an hour and then it got really freakin' windy and cold.
During the course of the day , I broke the hot water handle on the water machine. And I have a cankar sore. I used to get them from eating tomatoes and oranges when I was a kid. I can't remember the last time I had one.
It was a pretty low-key day. I had a salad for dinner and did some laundry and some filing. Everything seems to be under control . That is all. Carry on . ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home