Monday, January 14, 2008

Snowing

It started snowing last night around midnight. It kept snowing until aroun 2 o'clock this afternoon. I'd say we got a bout a foot of snow. Because there was a snow emergency in the town I would have worked in today, they told me not to bother coming in. Yee-Hah !!! I got a day off !
Of course, I spent most of the day glued to the tv watching the reports about the snow falling in different parts of my state. Yes, it was truly beautiful to look at out the window, but I wanted to hear about the conditions in neighboring towns. Nothing of real consequence was reported. There are power outages in the southern part of the state. Basically , it was traditional Nor'Easter. Windy and constant snow. Also, there was some thunder. Unusual for a typical New England snow storm.
I did get out about 3 times to shovel. I got the front walk and the driveway shoveled. It's not dry to the concrete, but it's not piled up. I also sanded the sidewalk and the garage.
The type of snow would have made it great to go sledding. We still have a taboggen in the cellar that my Dad got for us one Christmas. However, I wouldn't go sledding by myself lest I scare the children and I don't tink any of my housebound neighbors would appreciate the novelty. When I was a kid there were tons of people I could have called to action. Today , it was just me.
I would have thought I would have got a lot more done on an unexpected day off. Nope, I finished a Vogue and I'm halfway through the December Vanity Fair. It took me until now to even turn on the computer. I did take a nap and I've been in my sweats all day.
And that's what I did on my snow day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

I miss snow days.

Not the snow, mind you, just the unexpected extra day.

Monday, January 14, 2008 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

December Vanity Fair! I still have the Sumner Redstone article bookmarked...didn't snow enough in Somerville for me to get to it.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home