Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's All Over But The Flying

My bags are packed. I am showered, dressed and ready. I am sipping a cup of tea. Andy is at the other end of the kitchen table checking his laptop and Denise is in the shower. It's been a great week. A tiring week , but a great week nonetheless. I miscalculated the length of my trip and I had somehow figured that I wouldn't be home until tomorrow night. When, actually, I'll be home later today. I am hoping to reduce the layover situation and get an earlier flight into Boston. Of course, what that means is, my baggage will probably arrive a day later as it will undoubtedly get sent to Manchester.
I think I got to do everything I wanted to do. I would have liked to have seen more shows, but I packed a lot in over the week. I think I was most inspired by The Trachtnebergs and Dr. Cocacolamcdonald. It was also informative to see Stewart Lee. The best part was hanging out with everybody and talking about stuff.
When I get home, I have a set scheduled for the Studio on Friday and a set at Janet's show at the All Asia on Sunday night. It will be nice to do laundry and sleep in my own bed. Though, I slept perfectly well while I was here. I think the weather today is cooler. I'm hoping it is, because I am wearing a heavier polar tech fleece. We still haven't called the cab yet.
Now, I just gotta figure out what the next thing for me is going to be. . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Kris Earle said...

I enjoyed reading your blog Dot..brought back alot of memories. Wish I were able to make it. Sounds like you had fun. I thought we got to see Stuart Lee last time? Remember he did the Jesus vomiting joke.. it was disgusting but funny. Like me!
Thanks for writing...my only critique is I would've loved to hear more about Kris Earle.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home