Saturday, August 25, 2007

It's Midnight and I'm Home

Hullo, It's just midnight and we're home. Andy, Dave, Chris & Wendy went to a party and left Colleen, Karen , Dee-Rob & myself at home . I stopped and got some chips & Cheese and Mc Vitties digestive crackers.
I got the day started pretty early, around 2. Dee & I met up with Jim McCue. Dee went on and I held the camera for Jim so he could do some man in the street interviews for his website. I had planned on going to the Pie Maker for a cherry pie and heading down the street for those little gray half socks that I bought so many of the last time I was here. By the time I was done with Jim, the store was closed. I skipped over to the place where they had the little plates with cats on them for my Mum and Cousins, that was closed also. My semblance of order disintegrated right fast. So . .. . .
I went to the box office at the Under Bely to get tickets to see Stewart Lee. It was sold out for tonight and the box office computers weren't working so they couldn't tell me if he was sold out for tomorrow night. I had to go to the Pleasance to buy a ticket. I eventually got over there and got a ticket for Monday night, the night before we leave. I met up with everybody at the Walshes show. The show before theirs went late, but the show went really well. They had a good sized audience. Then we were going to go to the Grass Market for dinner and it was too long a wait. I met up with them after I got the Stewart Lee ticket. We went over to the Gilded Balloon, I got some more curry chips. Chris got me in to see Mark Maron and Curt Fox. It was good. It was nice to see Mark Maron perform, though I felt like he had kind of given up the festival already. I still saw the performer he was 20 years ago, and it was great to see. Then we went to see Phil Kay, the comic Chris Walsh had been carousing with the night before. His show was packed ! He was sneaking friends and relatives in, it was a great show. We had to leave a little bit before the end of the show.
We headed back to the flat by way of the Pie Maker, they still didn't have the cherry pie and here we all are now. Dave is already back. That's a close by party and must not have been that good. . . . .
The weather was a bit cooler and the sky was fairly blue.

1 Comments:

Blogger bigtiny said...

Oooooo......I want some plates with kitties!!!!! =:-)

bt

Saturday, August 25, 2007 9:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home