Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Went to See the Wizard

My best friend and her new husband and I went to see Elvis Costello tonight at AValon. The place was packed. We got to stand pretty close to the stage . I was about 15 ft. from him. He was wearing a black shirt, black tie and black suit. He looked great. He just played song after song after song. He had played about 10 songs before he said hello to the crowd. He didn't talk much , he just played and sang. It was great. I didn't like how crowded it was , but it was great. I feel so rejuvenated just being in his presence. It was great.
I worked 3 of the 5 jobs today before I went to the concert. My friend at the engineering firm, Jimmy the K, felt bad about Jerry Falwell dieing. I think he felt my response was a bit callous. I'm sorry the man died but I just think he was too strident about things. Hi Jimmy the K.
It was great seeing Elvis. There were a lot of gray hairs in the audience and couples that you could tell went to see Elvis back when they were courting before they had kids and grand-kids. His drummer has gray hair but he sure can play.
Okay , that's it ,my eye-balls are killing me.

1 Comments:

Blogger bigtiny said...

Hey Dot,

What a coincidence!!!!! I saw THE Elvis last night!!! It wasn't so crowded though....

bigtiny

Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home