Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dental Hygiene on the T

Aarrrrrrggh!. ... I went to see a play tonight with my friend Lauren. We went to "Miss Witherspoon" by Christopher Durang at the Lyric Theater. It was good. I thought the talent was really good but I think I've seen too many movies to really enojoy watching plays anymore. It seemed so slow. . . . . Anyway, on the way home, We took the T. Her stop is before mine. We got a seat and I noticed on the seat next to me, there were a couple of crumpled tissues. I also noticed the women sitting across the aisle from me looking at something to my left with barely concealed horrified looks. I , subtely , glanced over my shoulder at a balding , red headed man in jeans and a yellow wind breaker, picking his teeth with a toothpick. I believe he was alternating picking his teeth/gums with his ears. . . . hence the look of disgust on the womens faces. I can only guess at what he had been doing with the discarded tissues. Tissues that he left on the seat next to him when he got off the train, I might add.
I just don't know what is going on in the minds of people these days. This guy didn't seem to be homeless. In fact, I'll bet he was on his way home to a wife that has learned to look the other way at his crude habits in order to stay married to the cretin.
I'm glad this day is over.

1 Comments:

Blogger bigtiny said...

Ms Dwyer,

I resent your audacious statements in today's blog entry. Really, before you publish material on the world wide web you should get your facts straight.

I am the individual you've written about, and I'm here to set the record straight.

1) The woman wasn't looking away in disgust at my auto hygenic activities...she was looking away in disgust because just before you entered the train I exposed myself to her...it's amazing how squeamish people are about goiters in this day and age!

2) I did NOT use the same toothpick to pick my teeth and my ears. Had you observed me long enough, you would have noticed that I used it to pick my teeth, ears, and to pop that big pimple I had on my forhead. Pay Attention next time!!!!

3) It doesn't matter what I used the tissues for (let's just say a good time was had by all (nod nod wink wink)) but my leaving them in the train was NOT an oversight or rudeness on my part...it was simply my way of passing gifts onto my T riding brethren and sisterthren.

I hope that clears up your misunderstaning and I meant to tell you last night that, uh, you've kind of caught my eye.....wanna meet me at CVS???

Friday, April 20, 2007 2:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home