Friday, May 18, 2007

Taking The Stage

Tonight I performed at the Comedy Studio. It was a small audience ,though there was some kick-ass talent on the show tonight. The audience was small because it has been raining for days now and I guess everyone is at home working on their arks.
The goal I had set for myself tonight was to "Take Stage". Since it was such a small audience, I didn't have to concern myself with the sound of laughter, that would merely slow me down ! I thought about a weather related joke while I was watching the show and an additional bit for the whole Information booth segment. The weather joke went pretty good. The new bit for the information booth needs more work , but there's something there.
I was not worried about wether they liked me or not. I was all about controllng the stage. I had seen Elvis Costello on Tuesday night and , man, that guy knows how to control a stage !!!! I decided to get "All Elvis" on 'em. It worked ! I felt really good when I was done. I kept it fresh with a couple of new things and did justice to the tried and true material. I want ot listen to the tape and watch the dvd to see if I was imagining it. But I think it went pretty well. I felt like it was a good performance and the audience was entertained. But , most importantly , I was entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home