Monday, March 26, 2007

Today is Monday and the Sun is Shining Here

I got my car back and it was running fine but it sounded "loose". Lo and behold, Saturday, the muffler went. Now I sound like a souped up bad-boy tearing around town. I sound like a little motorcycle gang. I don't like sounding like that. Driving it is deafening. I'm trying to figure out if I can last until Wed. to take the car in . I hate to miss another Tuesday up in Andover.
I did stand-up on Wed at the Comedy Studio. It was a tough night. The last kid on the bill had brought a bunch of friends and they really wouldn't laugh at any body, except when their friend hit the stage. It's not a competition you Harvard Assholes !!!! I don't want to mention the kids name because he's apparently appearing at the Comedy Connection soon. At least, that's what he announced from the stage before he got off.
Anyhow, I've been trying to refine my technique a bit . Start talking to the audience , about anything before I launch into my material. It's a way to make me sound more natural. However, it feels a little sloppy to me. I do believe it's actually looking better . I'm feeling a little rocky on my pins doing it. I hate being on stage, to do comedy , and not getting laughs or not knowing where and when the laughs should/will come . So, you can imagine how well my efforts fared in front of this audience. Not great . They were receptive, no one started talking , but it could have more satisfactory for me . . .. . and it wasn't. Though I'm greatful for the stage time and being able to actually perform in front of an audience.
Saturday, I opened the store and then left , when my coverage came in and went to Rhode Island for an open call for the Showtime show "The Brotherhood". Mapquest said it would take 1 hour and 5 minutes to get there, and that's exactly how long to took me ! However, it only took just under an hour to get back home. It took just under 15 minutes to find my way in to the building, fill out the paperwork, have my polaroid taken and then leave. I don't think I actually saw anybody who makes decisions about these things. I used my crappy new headshot , because that's all I have. Sicne my photographer hasn't responded to my e-mails or phone calls, I'm going to have to print what I have left of what he gave me. It's money I don't have to spare , especially with my car problems looming on the horizon. I have to have headshots. I feel like I'm making a lot of sloppy compromises. I hope it's just a short phase I'm going through.
The muffler blew on the return trip from Rhode Island.
I hope I live an economically prudent week this week. ..or win the lottery. That would be good, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home