Wednesday, September 06, 2006

That Wasn't Bouncing

Okay, so, I didn't bounce out of bed yesterday. When I did finally get myself going , I kept getting distracted by things keeping me from getting out the door. I forgot I had a bill to pay, causing further delay. Oh , I got up in time. . . but it took me a long time to get out the door.
I worked at the Engineering firm and then I headed to the drug store and my pal and I went to see "Invincible" with Mark Wahlberg , Greg Kinnear and Michael Rispoli. The time period is the mid-late 70's. Though I was alive and partially sentient during this time, my heart was owned by the Boston Bruins. I didn't have much love for other sports. The Red Sox. I always went to games, but football was my least favorite sport. I really liked the sound track . It reminded me of driving around with Tricia and Adrienne, cruising through the Center, looking for boys. Frankly, Adrienne and Tricia knew WHO they were looking for. I think I was just along for the ride.
It's about a guy on the down and out. Things keep not happening and then his wife leaves him and then when it seemed like the downward spiral was going to continue, the guy starts catching breaks. His friends support him. His Dad supports him. All of Philadelphia ends up supporting him. It's the story of Vince Papale a one-time player for the Philadelphia Eagles. He tries out for the team as part of a media stunt, he makes the cut. Of course it's not easy. He vanquishes in the end.
I knew how it was going to end up . It was worth the time spent in the theater. Yes, I did get teary -eyed. I just wanted to see someone try and succeed. Someone who wasn't entitled. I am a big fan of Mark Wahlberg's work. I think for a kid from Dorchester, he's got some great ideas. And, he's a good actor. What I don't understand is why he keeps doing movies where the characters are from Philadelphia. WTF ? Huh ? Throw some chowder home , Marky Boy! Oh , I'm still going to spend the money to see his films. I just think if he picked a Boston project, it could be amazing. I'm talking a Boston project that he has a feeling for. Not a gratuitous feeling. I don't want him doing just anything in Boston. I look forward to whatever that project is that could bring him to Boston.
Today was an uneventful day at the booth. Something is brewing under the surface with the boss. I wish I could help her. I get the feeling it's someone pulling high school tricks. It didn't help back then and I don't think it's going to help now. People are idiots. . .You know who you are. . . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

I'm sorry. About being an idiot.

When you said I know who I am...

Thursday, September 07, 2006 12:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home