Thursday, August 31, 2006

Comedy Tonight !

I did a set tonight at the Comedy Studio in Harvard Square . The show started a little late and there were quite a few comics on the bill. Rick had arranged them alaphabetically, which actually was a good progression to the show. I didn't get a program because I got there early. Before the show started,I talked about comedy, rock & roll and British tv for quite a while with Ken Reid. Great conversation. I think I'm going to try and get his in-laws to give us a flat to at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival next year .
Rick looked beatiful in a dark blue suit and a ice blue tie and matching pocket hankie. I think I 've seen that suit before, but it looked really good. The opening act was a comedy group called the "Out Takes " ? (can't remember their name). Not bad, they did a bit about Bush using charades to prompt him what to say at a news conference. I laughed. Then they did a sketch which had potential but it got pretty gratuitously dirty without really delivering the goods. As far as I'm concerned, if you're going to do a sketch about fucking a fetus, there's gotta be a great payoff. Sandy Asai did her second to last set as Comic in Residence, she tied some jokes up really neatly that I hadn't seen her do before. Then Jen Dlugos, she had a lot of new material. I really laugh at the dirty stuff. Then me. I was relaxed, but I did screw up the order on a couple of jokes and I swallowed the punch line on a new joke. The premise is good, just have to figure out the phrasing on the punchline. I felt good about what I did, but it felt like the light came on really quick.Kris Earle did some new material, he occassionally has a stage persona that reminds me of an out of control drunk relative. The Glow was on the show, he's got great stage presence. Corey Manning, he's changed up some of his delivery and I thought he had some really great jokes. Zack, I've seen him before. Then ,David Something , I hadn't seen him before. And 2 young kids, can't remember either name. One kid did material about being dumped by his girlfriend for a cop on Martha's Vineyard and some not funny gay material (because it was stereotypical) and then a beautiful boy from San Diego who is here for a Graduate degree program and did material about being dumped by his first choice college. Cutie -Cute, I forget how old I am . .. .
After the show, Kris Earle and Jen Dlugos and I went downstairs to the second floor. None of us had the intention to hang out, but we did. Mostly just the three of us. We were really laughing. Kris was telling some really funny stories. It was just nice to be laughing and enjoying each other.
Then I came home and here I sit in my jammies blogging. I should really be asleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Hey Dot,

I just read Hbee's blog, he says "fuck you."

Sorry if I'm being mean, but he said to pass it along. (Between you and me, though, and like, don't tell anyone, Fuck Hbee.)

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:30:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You failed to mention Kiefer Sutherland also performed last night.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home