Sunday, August 27, 2006

Emmys vs Drumline

So, I watched the Emmys tonight AND the movie "Drum Line". I watched some of the pre-show on "E" TV. Ellen Pompeo said hello to Boston Homey "Patrice" who is also a Boston comic/hairdresser. I kept thinking while flipping back and forth that both of these presentations have to do with people trying their best. Working at the highest level they are capable of. Probably every day. And thus, they get nominated and may win.
Me ? I don't think I 'm working at my highest level possible. It was raining today. I didn't go for a walk. I didn't pig-out, but I could have eaten better. I didn't write anything. I'm writing now. Posting this blog about watching tv. Hmmm . .. .does that count ? One of my friends just won the grand prize in Writers Digest, she beat out 10,000 other entrants. She works hard every day. Her consistency leaves me in the dust. I'm just working for an hourly paycheck.
"Drum LIne" is about kids in a marching band. More specifically, a Drum Corpes marching band. A drum line is much more powerful. These kids work hard, practicing, drilling, working together as a team to create a gigantic sound. Frankly, the movie seemed to have more heart than the awards show. It's terrible the way they start playing music during the speeches. You don't really get a feel for an individual's personality .
Okay, that's it. That's all I got.

1 Comments:

Blogger yammyr6 said...

hmmmmm
music and kids

oh dear i wanna go throw up

reason my son tallented as he is made me sit through 27 performances of the same sodding song once and his brass band had entered a competition

i walked home brain dead

the only variation was the number of sodding tubas

oh he came 3 rd

hooooo king ray
last year they won i didnt go and ive promised never to go again as long as they think im a johna
dave
or dvea
or whatever

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home