Friday, September 22, 2006

Lew's Place-Preliminary # 9

I went up to to the Open Mike at Lew's Place in Tewksbury tonight. As it so happened, Brian Longwell was going to be there as well as Andy Ofiesh. Kris, Brian , Andy and I went to Scotland together last year for the Festival Fringe. It was really nice to see them all in one place again. Brian Longwell looks awesome. He's really looking "New York" these days. He was going to work on his set , but the configuration of the room and the modest size of the audience was not conducive to taping. He hung.
Once again, I didn't really work on my set ahead of time. I kept thinking that I would get a chance to work on it during my lunch hour, then maybe when I got home and if worse came to worse, quickly put the set together up at Lew's. No dice. I think I pulled out an old set list and winged it from there. Kris was trying to keep it a tight show and asked us to do a tight 5. I kept it as tight as I could. I had intended to try some new material. I remembered one of the bits . I think I need to recite my set at least once a day. I hate when the setups get bloated, it dilutes the punch -line. Whose fault is that ? Huh ? Me! I'm not focused. Take out the whipped cream and leave the brownie. It's progress not perfection.
Also, I don't know what was going on but, all the guys were very complimentary to me. Both on my material and my appearance. I've been feeling really unattractive lately and the male attention was very helpful to me. Though, at the end of the day, the comments on my material will last the longest.
I think I've been out every night this week. I don't know how I'm still standing. I feel like I could burst out crying from fatigue at any second. That is all . I must go to sleep now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Maybe you got that waifish, heroin chic, model look working for you, what with the night after of outings.

Your making us reserved women of a certain age look bad.

Friday, September 22, 2006 2:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home