Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Dumb and the Stupidist-TOE-KEY-OH

Oh dear Gawd in Heaven. Sometimes tradition and loyalty are re-assuring, even provide a solid touch-stone in trying times. My little friend Kiki and I go to the movies almost every week. We have done this for over a decade. She has been doing it longer than me. I replaced someone who moved away. I get to see a lot of movies because of this habit. I . . . .also. .. . see a lot of crap because of this commitment.
Tonight's film was a piece of crap titled "The Fast & Furious-Tokyo something else". It was a flick for high school kids about "high school kids"- hollywood style. We have seen all the F&F's. I have to say the orginal with Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez was my favorite. Paul Walker ain't too shabby neither. This "version" didn't have much in the way of plot or eye candy for Nana. The cutest Japanese guy was the most natural acting and they killed him off halfway through the movie. At one point, I got up to go to the bathroom, when I got back I asked my friend 3 questions #1 ) Did I miss any important plot points. Answer:No. #2) Did I miss a cameo by Vin Diesel ? Answer : No. #3) Did I miss any sex scenes ? Answer: No. "How about that couple over there ? " Negatory good buddy . . . . .
The kids participate in a type of car racing referred to as "Drifing" and most dangerously takes place in parking garages. The girls dress in outlandish costumes and the boys dress like American Black rap artists. The boys are never distracted by the girls skimpy outfits. These kids barely think about sex . They are obsessed with money and racing. Apparently, I'm the only one obsessed with sex. And , for me, it is pure theory. . .
An outsider kid gets sent to Japan to stay with his Naval officer father because his mother can't handle his racing ways. The outsider white kid gets mixed up with the wrong junior mafia. . . ah well . . . you get the idea.
My favorite scene is at the end of the movie, there is a shot of the back of the head of the white outsider kid and there are gray hairs in his head ! High shcool, gray hairs ! I started turning gray at 21, but soemobody in makeup should have been on this.
Kiki really liked the car races. She likened them to ballet. Not me. It was inspiring because I'm going to get to work on my own couple of scripts. I can't believe someone put money up for this. Another 2 hours of my life I don't get back and I didn't particularly enjoy sacrificing.I wish I had a meaning for my life. . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

We have a friend here who loves everything Japanese, and, of course, especially has the hots for the people. I spend far, far, far too much time deconstructing why anyone would focus so much on the Japanese.

Just don't get the love (or the horny).

Now, you get them ethnic Chinese dudes, and well, I'll leave it at that.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 3:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home