Thursday, August 07, 2008

Dirty Jeans & Cake

It's 3 AM here. I just got home from working as a stand-in on the same film I worked on a month ago. Since I was standing in for the same actress and the same scene, I wore the same clothes I had worn last time. However, this time, they were dirty . I had to pull them out of the laundry pile. My call time was 4 PM. They didn't bring me to set until after 11 PM. They didn't use me until after 12:30. And now , here I am at home. I am concerned that I am not going to be able to fall alseep now . I have to be up again in a couple of hours to go to work.
Today , at work, we had a little ice cream & cake party for a couple of the girls who are finishing up their summer with us. Nutritionally, I don't need either cake or ice cream. Yet . .. I ate both . Then tonight , at the movie, for dinner, they had a big sheet cake for dessert because it was somebody's birthday. Yes, I had more cake.
Now, I generally subscribe to the theory that life is too short not to eat cake. And I proved my belief to the world. But , really . . . . . How much cake does dear old Dottie need ?

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Man, I hope we never get to the point we walk by cake. Enjoy, life is too short.

For me, I kind of regret not going for seconds on a Mrs. Fields cookie ice cream sandwich at lunch. It seemed so small. Later, Tthe all natural, frozen no-fat yogurt following a sushi dinner just made me feel regrettably Californian.

(By the way, the frozen yogurt was from a franchise owned by "Survivor" winner Yul Kwon. That's the closest I've been to celebrity lately.)

Thursday, August 07, 2008 3:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home