Sunday, December 16, 2007

"Killer" Dot

Oh dear,where do I begin ? I worked on the movie all of last week. Effectively abolishing all social life. Since I have to be there at 6 or 7 in the morning, I am dead tired to do anything but go home and crash. By Wed. , one of the assistant directors gave me a cool on-set knick-name "killer Dot" because he thinks I look like the lead singer for the Killers. I'm not familiar with the band, but I will look it up when I get a chance.
I couldn't really plan my week because when I would ask if I would be needed for the next day , they couldn't tell me. On Monday , "Frank" called to check my availability and that someone would call me back with a time for Tuesday morning. When I hadn't heard by 11, I went to bed. At 7 :10 on Tuesday morning, I got a call from some lady named "Gerry" wanting to know where I was . I told her I didn't get my call time, she said "Can you come ?" I said yes. While I was talking to her , Frank called to say bascially all the same things she said. At the end of Tuesday, I was definitely booked for Wed., but I couldn't get my call time when I was wrapped. Wed. I was supposed to go to see Blue Man Group with work and I couldn't go because I worked on the movie until 8:45 and the show started at 8. That's kind of how the week went. They called me yesterday to check my availability for Monday and called with my call time for tomorrow while I was shopping. I probably should get to bed soon.
Thursday, there was a paralyzing winter storm. They let me go early from the movie . A half hour ride took 2 and a quarter hours to get home. Thank goodness I had enough gas in the car. I even called my friend Dee in California, to let her know she made the right choice going to California. I shoveled a couple of feet of snow when I got home and I had to shovel again when I was finished. My brother used the snow blower when he got home and there was still snow on the ground when I got up to go to the movie the next day.
I know that it snows every year. It has snowed every year since I can remember. I just don't understand my weather amnesia. It snowed again last night. I didn't even try to get the car out to go to work at the Common. My brother gave me a ride to the train station. We did a 180 turn at one point because the road was not sufficiently plowed. It was hard pack. I made it to work in plenty of time. My co-workers started calling me while I was on the train to make sure we were open. We were. . .. and then we closed. SO, I slogged all the way home and shoveled the car again . Only this time , I couldn't get it out of the driveway. I took my brother's car because I had some shopping I had to had to do. I got it done. Came home. Shoveled the driveway some more and put some sand down so maybe I can get the car out to go do the movie again tomorrow. I have to be there at 7 am . Wish me luck !
Last night, I did stand up at the Studio. It was a packed house. Myq Kaplan was recording a CD. I thought I did okay. Except that I forgot my material and started laughing while I was onstage. Though it was somewhat charming (I hope ) and it would certainly indicate that I was relaxed.For some reason ,when the 6 minute light came on , I just couldn't remember anything. None of my better , more recent jokes. People whose opinions I trust, said it was really funny . However, I think it was a little unprofessional. However, if my goal is to be funny and provide a good time for the audience , then I achieved my goal. I didn't have my set list in my pocket, I had a Christmas list in my pocket.
I'll be glad to get back to a regular schedule. .. .


Post a Comment

<< Home