Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Working In The Movies

Yesterday and today I got to work on a movie. It was the one that I had the call-back on and that my friend Steve got cast in. I am called a "Featured Extra" , though there is no real definition or pay bump in the union handbook for a "Featured Extra". I am a "Museum Volunteer". There are about 8 of us. We wear matching maroon blazers, gray pants, white shirts and ties. I bought the shoes to go with this outfit last week. We have a scene that includes the movie principals. Today, I was one person away from Morgan Freeman. Christopher Walken and William H. Macy are in the scene as well.. It was really cool and a little unbelievable.
The "Featured Extras" were hand picked by the director, just like Clint Eastwood does. You want to know why I know that ? Because the director remembered my name. He called me by my name yesterday and today we had a little conversation and he was almost apologizing for casting me as an extra. I let him know I was just happy to be on a movie set. Yes, it'd be great if I wangle an upgrade somehow.
But , seriously, I'm just happy to be on a movie set. . . . working.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Awesome.

I guess he recognized your natural museum skills gained at the List.

Say "Hi" to Morgan, Chris and Bill for me.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:02:00 AM  
Blogger Dee-Rob said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home