Saturday, November 03, 2007

Breathing and Other Stuff

I finally started nostral breathing on the way home last Friday. I am aware and enjoying breathing through my nostrils at this very moment. I have continued to take the Airborne and the Tussin DM. I'm not sure how much longer I should continue. Tuesday , it will be two weeks since this cold started. Fortunately, it's a cold and not bronchitis. At least, I think it's just a cold.
On Thursday, the Mad Pooper made another appearance. And by "Made Another appearance" I mean some guy shit on the flooor in the Mens room again and the other men who used the rest room , stepped in it and tracked it through the center. We couldn't find the cleaning lady (surprise) so they just had to close the Mens room until she reappeared. Then , about an hour later, one of the urinals started running and wouldn't stop running. By the time we were alerted, there was a puddle all over the floor. Last week, one of the faucets in the Ladies room wouldn't stop running. When we closed the center at the end of the day , it was still running and they found it running when they arrived the next morning.
Also on Thursady,a lady came in in tears, her boyfriend had their child and he had been gone for 2 hours. She had to go to the Registry and she said they were supposed to meet at the playground on the Common. He was a no-show. The last I heard, the ranger had to direct to her the BPD. I guess it turned out all right because I didn't hear about any Amber Alerts.
Speaking of the Rangers, one of the Rangers was on Jeopardy Thursday night, and some of us gathered to watch it air together. We went to the Bean Town Pub. He didn't win, but it was cool to see him on the show. He didn't wear his Ranger uniform on the show, I think he should have. Before the Jeopardy show, I met some of my co-workers at Emmet's and it was crowded, but I ended up getting a seat at the bar. They had curry chips ! I was so happy. It was no Gora-Pakora like in Scotland , but it was close.
Tuesday, Kiki and I went to see "Gone , Baby , Gone". I thought it was good, but I felt like there was a lot left out from the book. Both of us have read all of Denis Lehanes books. However, we couldn't exactly figure out what exactly was missing . We both thought Casey Affleck did a good job. I also saw my boss, the guy I work for in Andover, featured prominently in one scene. He was an extra , but he had a lot of screen time.
Thursday, November 1 was the first anniversary of me not drinking coffee. It was on a 5 hour road trip to Scowhegan Maine that I got so sick and basically threw up coffee for 3 days. After all this time, I still can't stand the smell of coffee, let alone drink it.
Sooooo. . . .that's about it. I didn't really have anything to blog about . I look forward to having an extra hour of sleep tomorrow, what with daylight savings time and all.That's about it . I'm working the booth tomorrow and then I'm doing stand-up at the All Asia in Cambridge at 6:30.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Curry fries!

Glad you can breathe.

Sunday, November 04, 2007 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Puffs Plus with Lotion tissues are life savers. Nose savers.

They really work, and are totally worth the extra money. I thought it was just hype until I started using my co-worker's (at her urging) and it was GD Miracle.

Glad you are on the mend.

Sunday, November 11, 2007 2:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home