Wednesday, October 17, 2007

At The Internet Cafe

I'm killing time at an internet cafe in downtown Boston. I am taking a writing class that doesn't start until 6:30 and I have almost an hour to kill before it starts. Last week, I went to dinner by myself and had an overpriced crab cake with lousy service. I'm going to find a more constructive way to spend my time which doesn't involve spending money with vapid bartenders. Granted, I have a laptop but it's a pain to carry around with all my everyday stuff and I would be crestfallen if it got lost or stolen. It's not expensive, but it works.
SO, I had lunch with my friend Emily today and she is looking to sart a new career . She was picking my brains about my industry or, more specifically , the job I work today. She seemed to be interested in my views on the topic, but what I am more impressed by is the amount of research she is putting into the next phase of her working life. She's really researching what she wants to do next and seems to be examining everything she can think of. I wish I had that kind of gumption. I'm pretty much just glad if the check clears, that's good enough for me.
We went to a restaurant that I had been wanting to go to for a long time. I had real baked macaroni and cheese. It was delicious.
Monday night , Kiki and I went to see "We Own The Night " starring Robert Duval, Mark Wahlberg & Jouaquim Phoenix. Given the talent involved, I thought it would be a much better film. It takes place in New York in the 80's, people do drugs, have sex and get killed. Some people cry. It should have been better . I pretty much see everything Wahlberg is in. This was a little disappointing. Last night , we tried to go see "Michael Clayton" at the Harvard Square theater, but the light in the projector broke and they cancelled the showing. We got our money back , but I would have thought they would have also given us a free pass or something.
Ahhhh, what else ? Nothing. I got nothing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marley said...

Dot, go see The Assasination of Jesse James. Me and Alex went last week. Best movie all year.

Sunday, October 21, 2007 12:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home