Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Another Broken Urinal

Ah . . Today started out to be a beautiful day. I awoke on time. The weather was temperate.I even found a quarter on the floor of the parking garage. I was on time. There was only one homeless person between the station and the booth. It was looking to be an easy glide of a day .
I entered the boothe , greeted my boss, to which she had a coughing fit in reply. I'm pretty sure she has bronchitis.That's my professional opinion. Her insurance won't cover a doctor's visit (which defeats paying for insurance in my book !). She can't leave until the third person shows up at noon. Until then, she will cough and weeze and struggle to breathe until she can leave. I really hope I don't get bronchitis. I really can't afford the time to be that kind of sick. Fortunately, she still had the strength to smoke. She's a trooper ! I'm so glad I don't smoke anymore.
Anyhow. . . . The guys from the city came back to deal with the problem in the Men's bathroom. There's a problem with the toilet and one of the urinals. They had to take the urinal out of the wall to fix what was underneath. The did that and one of the guys dropped the urinal. It cracked. Thereby , rendering it useless. They had to call back to the head office to get a new one. They don't have any in stock. It doesn't really affect me. I use the girls room . However, if they don't get that new urinal in time for the busy season. There will be all sorts of clogs happening around that men's room. I mean that literally and figuratively.
The third arrived, my boss left and I lost .6 pounds at Weight Watchers this week. It was a slow afternoon and it was still light out when I got home from work. So, all in all, it really was a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Okie said...

Just stumbled on your blog...enjoying it.

Good luck with staving off bronchitis. Here's hoping a new urinal shows up soon.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Miss Manners has to get on the ball and help us deal with the etiquette of telling a boss not to breathe on you.

My boss is often sick (and travels to exotic locales, so who knows what it is). No doctor ever sorted out what the rash was exactly.

Anywho, there oughta be some way to say, "ew, stay away from me." Or a law.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home