Monday, February 05, 2007

Another Monday Morning

First off, I have not been able to update my website. I can't get in to the page. So , if you've switched to here to see what I'm up to. . .. Thursday, February 8, I'm at Lew's Place in Tewksbury -showtime between 9 -9:30. On Friday, Feb. 9, I'm at the Comedy Studio in Harvard Square on the 3rd floor of the Hong Kong restaurant. Showtime is 8 PM. Okay, that's my essential business.
It is very cold here in New England. I haven't been out since Saturday night , but I can tell it's wicked cold out there ! Saturday , I went to Vinny's with Margaret & her new husband and their best man and his wife. Only the Best Man had been to Vinny's before. It was so oo good ! I had scallops and fusilli in a pink sauce.I asked for red cream and the waitress responded "You mean Pink" . Yeah , okay, pink. It was exactly what I wanted . Note to self:order the "Pink" sauce. For dessert I had the Tartufo- a chocolatey , creamy ball rolled in crushed walnuts and sprinkled with coco powder and drizzled with chocolate sauce. I know it's not in the Weight Watchers point system, but man it was good. I couldn't finish the pasta, so I had it for breakfast yesterday.
Not much has been going on. I was suppposed to work a job last Thursday and got coverage and then the people who hired me said they had the wrong date, could I work Tuesday the 6th instead . I juggled my stuff, but I couldn't get Thursday back, so, I was all excited with the possibilities I could indulge in having an unexpected day off. Go to the movies ? Call a friend to go to lunch ? Head up to Gloucester and look at the water ? Hmm ? I ended up working on my bank statements. I hadn' t balanced them in a while and it took a couple of hours . However, I felt really good when it was all done.
I was working on Boston Common the day of the fake bomb scare. First , we heard a lot more sirens, than usual, and saw a lot of police cars screaming down Tremont Street. Then we heard a helicopter, then another and another.At the height of the alarm, there were about 6 helicopters hovering over the Common. The Chief sent a Ranger to be in the center all day.They shut down the Red line. I was concerned about how I was going to get home. I know I can walk the couple of miles back to my home, in case the whole system got shut down, I just didn't want to do all that walking. I didn't have appropriate shoes on. My co-workers were calling relatives who would be at home watching tv , maybe they could tell us what was going on. The Rangers only knew the last thing the Chief had communicated to them, that pipe bombs had been found.
By the end of the day, the trains were running again. I got home on time. It's turned into quite a media scandal. It's gone worldwide and made Roeters ! Unbelievable !
So, that's the week that was. I am not looking forward to going outside. At least it's not snowing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Were you scared?

I wish I was home for the fake bomb scare.

Monday, February 05, 2007 1:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kris Earle said...

The showtime at Lew's is never at 9 p.m. because I'm too busy counting how many patrons are in the room.

Thursday, February 08, 2007 1:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home