Saturday, April 01, 2006

To Quote Rod Stewart

"Tonight's the Night. . .It's gonna be all right. . "
Tonight , I start my "Comic in Residence" at the Comedy Studio in Harvard Square. I am really excited and a little daunted. I have a whole month. I am going to perform 5 nights a week , for a whole month. At the end of this month, I am going to know something about myself. Either I have what it takes or I can walk away and get a job in an insurance company or maybe a job with the town. I'll die at my desk 20 years from now. They'll find my bloated gray haired body slumped at my desk -a stapler clutched in one hand and the two papers I was about to connect in the other. Yeah. . . that's what's at stake here.
I don't know why Rick picked me to do this. I think I'm the oldest Residency he's chosen in the history of this program. I think I'm older than him ! I think he chose me because he knows how excited I am going to be(I am excited) and , maybe, he knows it'll help me come to terms with some things in my life. It feels like I should know more about what I want to do with my life. Maybe I'll come out of this more focused. More focused about something, that's for sure.
I can't wait ! The next 8-10 hours are going to be really difficult to get through. I should really work on my set. . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home