Friday, March 24, 2006

Random Thoughts in Bath Robe

Ahh, here I sit again, partially prepared for work yet still unable to choose something to wear . I had an exhausting day at work yesterday. It was all good, but it was non-stop and that exhausted me. Half way through the day I realized one of my shoes had separated from the sole and then I felt raggedy and sloppy. It affected my confidence, even though I was sitting and no one could see my feet. I came home and went to bed.
I saw 3 movies this week -1 good. Sunday night I saw "The Hills Have Eyes". .. to which my friend would consistently respond " ... Lucky hills . . . ." Honestly, the funniest part of this movie was seeing it with friends. There were howling laughs at how bad this film was. Though, I saw it downtown and they had one kicking sound system ! Truthfully, the scariest part of this was dealing with the girl at the concession stand. She was not in a good mood and the pop corn wasn't that great ,either.
Monday night, my friend Cathy and I went to see "Match Point" the Woody Allen film. We were both really pleased to see this film. Adult subject matter and fairly unpredictable, even though we both knew what was going to happen. I had a little trouble with the woman the lead character married. Probably because I recognized the personality and I found her disappointing. . another desparate woman forcing things to go in the direction she wants. . .regardless of whether it is actually a smart or good thing. I thought Scarlett Johanssen did a great job , though my boss Jack and friend Keith didn't think she was all that sexy. She didn't have to be sexy , she was predictable, that was what was required of the character. The kind of high maintainance woman I see a lot of men are attracted to. The acting was great, but the character. . .
Tuesday night , we saw "Ask the Dust" , starring Colin Farrell and Selma Hayak, two actors I really like. I found the story a little difficult to swallow. My friend Cathy slept through part of it-that says something ! The acting was really good because somehow Farrell was able to combine the sort of personality that men affected from that time. You can still come across men of a certain age that engender that sort of courtesy combined with a dogged belief in ethnic stereotyping. It was an impossible, improbable love story. An adult theme, but at the end of teh day, I didn't really care all that much. Too much drama. I have enough of that already.
I have been craving Kelly's fried clams since last Sunday. I hope to make my dreams come true some time this weekend. That's it. I still don't know what I'm going to wear to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home