Monday, April 17, 2006

Taxes

I always surprise myself at this time of year. For some reason , tax day always catches me unawares. Which doesn't make a lot of sense because my birthday falls on Tax Day. It even says it on the calendars I use. It doesn't say "Dot's Birthday". No, Tax Day. I check the calendar on the new year to see what day of the week it falls on. I am cognisant months in advance. A casual observer would think that would enable me to prepare prior to the date. That's where the casual observer would be wrong.
I am pathological about procrastinating. I am a petulant teenager ignoring the inevtitable. Except that I am not . . a teen ager. I'm old enough to know better. I'm too old to be playing "Beat the Clock " in this manner.
But I did. .. beat the clock. I made the deadline. I filed my taxes. I got them in on time. I probably did them wrong, but I got them in on time. SURPRISE !!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home