Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Show #8

11 Minutes !!!! No one was manning the light . .. . I kept going. . . I made it to 11 without flinching. I didn't get nervous, I just thought I had lost my understanding of time and space. .. it could happen. ...
In trying to utilize the stage time, I had some new jokes I had not yet tried . One, I had thought of last night on the way to the gig, and forgot to do it last night. It will, of course, have a limited shelf life. ... but the reaction it got made me happy. The new stuff. .. good enough to keep doing. I got some laughs in odd places. Happy , I'm happy.
Doug Chagnon, Sarah Blodgett and Joe Wong were on the show and Mike Bent's comedy class from Emerson. It was nice to see Mike. Jim McCue came by just to watch the show.
I hung out for a little bit afterward. I wish I could have stayed longer to hear Jim and Rick tell some stories. I have to work tomorrow and I have to be up early. I feel pretty good about what I did tonight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Korte said...

11 minutes?

And Rick's head didn't explode??

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger Dee-Rob said...

Man, it's not even halfway through the month and you're a tour de force.

Don't mess with Dot, she's on a role. (Or is that roll?)

Thursday, April 13, 2006 12:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home