Friday, April 07, 2006

4rth Show

Okay, that stuff about the wheel ? I'm not even re-inventing the box. . . Tough crowd tonight- and small. I think the highlight of the show was a bit that Dan Sally and Any Ofeish did where Andy critiques the show. Hilarious. . . . . .
So, I did the new stuff up front. I dispensed with the salutaions and just told the audience a little bit about myself. It wasn't jam packed with jokes . In hindsight, I would say iot wasn't even interesting.. . . . .An observation was made that the new stuff seemed tentative(true) and old stuff was rock solid. SO, that's good. That's part of the plan. I didn't wear my glasses on stage , see how it looks on the tape. I remembered the 8 minute thing that I forgot last night, but tonight , there were more words than usual and that sort of screwed up the timing. Words were not added intentionally, it was just me frantically flipping the fickle rolodex of memory, trying to remember what I want to say.
Comparing standup to sketch-with a sketch , I know what the other person's pre-arranged words are going to be. If they digress, I'm fairly certain it will come back to where it needs to go . With an audience , as your partner on stage, you don't know how they're going to react. I need to learn how to get them back. It's like getting a new intimate relationship every night. It's love, you care about the audience and maybe sometimes the audience loves back and sometimes, they don't even bother calling . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home