Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yesterday & Today

Yesterday, for no particular reason, I awoke at 6 AM. I was wide awake and willing to get up and do something. I did a load of laundry, balanced my check book and did some recycling all before I really had to get up to go to work. I started the day with a real feeling of accomplishment. I got to work early , too. The day started slow and then got busy near the end . I did the door at the Comedy Studio , came home and was asleep before Steve Carel could say " Live From New York, It's Saturday Night !". It was a good day , but most of the big stuff was done by 8AM.
Today, I didn't awake nearly as bright eyed and bushy tailed. . . . .I fell into somem kind of time wormhole and left the house 10 minutes later than I thought I would. Though I got a late start , I was still the first one in to work and the next one in got there just as the church bells chimed the hour. It was pretty busy from the get- go and my mood turned fowl pretty fast. Nothing I could put my finger on, I just didn't want to be there. After I work a lot of weeks without a break, my little brain refuses to clear and it seems like I have a brain clogged with thoughts that should have been flushed already. A giant hair ball stuffing the drain to civility. At lunch , I asked the ranger to shoot me. He laughed. . ... that's just not nice. Then , after I had eaten my string cheese and started eating my sandwich , I got a call that they were short-staffed at one of teh convention centers and I was the only one available to cover the shift. Salvation ! Though I was wearing my uniform and I felt like a rag-a-muffin, I hoped my professional attitude would trump the cheesy polyester duds. I think I passed the muster.
Afterward, I headed over to the All Asia for "Cormier's Comedy Madness". It was pretty good, I did a couple of new ideas I had thought about in the last week. One was better than the other, if for no other reason , than it was more developed- but still not really a joke, but it's close and some days, that's got to be good enough. Britton Baugher was on the show, a guy that I've known for almost 20 years now. He used to be the door man at Catch a Rising Star in Harvard Square. He's also a pretty funny guy and he did stand-up tonight . It was nice seeing him.
So . ... .that's what 's happened recently. I'm tired and would love a couple of days off. I don't like feeling the bile backing up in my system. However , yesterday morning made me feel really good about myself. The upcoming week is going to be pretty busy. I'm just going to take it one day at a time as it comes. .. . and hope I don't stab anyone .. . ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home