Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Planned Day Off

Since I worked last week, and gave up the Memorial Day Holiday to work in a parking lot in Walpole, my boss let me take today off. You know what I did ? Nothing- a load of laundry , read some magazines , napped , watched a little tv, but , basically , nothing. I didn't even shower. I may brush my teeth. I'm thinking about going downstairs and having that diet Mountain Dew I've had chilling in the fridge. But , nothing and it feels wonderful ! I don't feel guilty or anything.I never have a day off. Unfortunately , when I do have a day off, I don't want to do anything. I toyed with the idea of going for a walk , but decided against it.
Last weekend , I worked an event at the last minute . There was a major collegiate sporting event happening and I was stationed in a parking lot making sure everybody found their way to the shuttle buses. Even though I was sitting in my car most of the day, I got sun burned on my neck and one side of my face.
I went down to Marshfield and did stand-up on Thursday. Since it's usually the same cast of characters,it's a good place to do new material. I forgot most of it. It probably wasn't the best use of my time and gas. I'm glad I went but I really need to focus. Ah well . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home