Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Stripper

The following story is true. Though I was not working and did not participate,I did , however, hear a version of this story from 3 people who were there. Forthwith :

My manager at the booth was standing in the breezeway between the booth and the ranger station. She was on break, looking out at the bandstand on the Common. Suddenly she felt someone standing behind her and she turned around and there is a guy standing there. She says "Can I help you ? " He says " I'm supposed to be here". She says "Who says you 're supposed to be here ? " He repeats " I think I'm supposed to be here" . She asks "Can you tell me who told you to be here?" He just says "I'm supposed to be here". She says okay and goes to get a Ranger.
It just so happens there's a Ranger in the station and he comes out and notices that he is standing a bit too close to my manager. He says " Sir, this is a retsricted area. I'm going to have to ask you to step away." My manager says there was a pause in the guys face and then something changed and the guy starts yelling at the Ranger " Oh Yeah ?!! Well You're a piece of shit !!! You're a fucking piece of shit ! You want to me to take my clothes off ? I'll take my clothes off !!! You want me Naked ? " and the guy proceeds to take his clothes off. The Ranger had not asked him to take his clothes off. His shirt and pants are off in a flash. By now it has started to rain. The Ranger is pissed . He's more pissed at being yelled at than he is that the guy is naked. He starts to advise the guy of his rights. Cuffs him and sits him down naked on the ground , in the rain, until the Police arrive.
Boston Police arrive and they put the guy in the back of the cruiser. Steve, one of my co-workers, calls out to the ranger that the guy's clothes are still on the ground. The Ranger doesn't hear him. Steve calls out agian, and the Ranger turns to Steve and says "Oh, we're okay. Thanks". They sent the guy to booking naked . Who knows if he got pants.
It just so happend that it was Stusi's last day before she leaves for her job in another country. When my manager and Steve got back in, they told her they had got her a stripper for her last day. Nothing says love and affection like a homeless mentally ill stripper guy.
A different story, that I was the only witness to was. I am standing in the breezeway, looking for a box of maps , when a woman approaches the back of the booth and asks to speak with a Ranger. I tell her there is no one in the booth. I ask if there is anything I can do. She tells me that there are 3 guys with fishing poles sitting on the bandsstand. They have put peanut butter on the end of their lines and they are fishing for squirrels. She has a problem with this . I tell her I will tell the next Ranegr I can find.
Personally, I don't much care for squirrels. They have broken in to my house many times over the years. There are plenty of squirrels on the Common.
And that, is life in the big city.

1 Comments:

Blogger Korte said...

It would have been even funnier if one of those idiot's actually caught a squirrel. Those little bastards are vicious.

Monday, October 10, 2005 2:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home