Friday, August 05, 2005

Fuck Thorough

Okay, I think I'm going to start to slack off on the minute details. Though I made a commitment to doing this blog, the pressure of getting to a computer every day is driving me crazy. Oh well , here goes :
August4 10:45 am -The Flat
So much for getting out and flyering "The Mile" at 10:30. I don't know what time Calvin, Brian and Andrew returned this morning but they know where the flyers are. I slept straight through to 10 am. I have no structure.

August 5 , 3am -The Flat
Ah , gee, well , tonight was our first show. We managed to get the plastic tubs and the back drop sheets and I got down to the venue to get a big stack of post cards. I got a cheery/apple /almond Chunait- the woman at Piemakers said it was a croissant-they had just spelled it wrong.
Got drenched on the way home, but I was able to time the walk- 30 minutes. Took a nap -Kris was here. Brian, Rain and I walked to the venue for our first show. Rain looked beautiful.
We had 18 people ! I cried, I was so happy . The boys didn't really get as ferklemt as I did. For the most part , they loved Brian and then they drifted away and then they came back. In the sketches, they loved Andy and then they drifted away but we got them back with Depth Charges. Overall , we felt pretty good. We went to Hennigan's for Guiness and grub. They have the best bar food here ! I had a BLT that was out of this world. Andy had a baked stuffed potatoe like you read about.
We all parted ways.
I came home and changed.
I met up with Andy at the "Free Beer " show (They're ripping off the Walshes !) Every one got a free Fosters .We really wanted to see Eugene Mirman. There were obnoxious drunks in the audience, so the host really had to deal with them, which was a shame, because I bet his real material was brilliant. The show was supposed to start at 11:45, they didn't let us in until 12:20.
The first comic was Damian Hurst, from Australia- very good. Peter Cain who was good and dark and then Eugene, he was so worth the wait. I was so gad we got to see him. Then we came home and here I am . Goo-Nite.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Dot.
I love reading your blogs. Makes me feel like im there so thank you! please keep it up! Rachel

Saturday, August 06, 2005 8:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home