Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Quick Attempt

3:45 am August 8 - The Flat
Just got in. My feet hurt. My $8.00 sandals from Target held up admirably. Though I will surely be crippled for the day.
So, the show went the best tonight. It was 2 for 1 and we had about 44 people. In the cave, it looked like a lot more. They liked the sketches and they l0ved Brian. He's been throwing in some great ad-libs. I cried at the box-office when they told me how many were going to be there.
We came home after the show and went to the Fringe Opening Gala. I wore my fancy lace skirt and the silky black v-neck shirt and the Target sandals. I wore my hair down. I looked fantastic ! I looked great for no good reason because people pretty much just hung out with the group they came with-as did we. I ventured off on my own, but no one really seemed to be all that into socializing. So, I met back up with Brian, Andy and Kris and we took a cab back over to the Library. Then Rain, Lisa and I went up to Phat Cave to catch Mickey D's show. Mikey's last name is Dwyer. So, I was wondering if there was a family connection. He was really good. His first guy was Tom Gleeson, Australian, very good. Then Rob Gilbert, from Wales, he did this amazing bit about losing his luggage. Then some guy, I am sure is a Brit, but goes as an American named Travis Dixon. He sang songs and he was pretty good. Then we went downstairs for a drink. Then back up to see Brendan Burns in a latex nun suit working on some material. Mikey D saved his ass with donuts -now that was brilliant.
Then we went back downstairs and hung out for a bit. At 2:30 am , I felt I needed to go. Andy walked me back. I held on to his elbow to keep from falling - not because I was drunk but I was wearing high heel shoes- like I was a little old lady. I don't know how I can possibly keep this schedule without dying . However , I will at least die trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home