Saturday, August 06, 2005

First Saturday

August 5, 3:30pm-The Flat

Out the door at 11.Went downtown to try and get pictures printed from my digital camera. It sort of worked, but not well enough to use for my venue pass. So, I went and got my passport photo copied. Brought it to the press office- they said it would get done later and I could pick it up from the Pigeon holes at the Baby Belly. Checked to see where that was.Stopped at the Dragons and Dungeons internet cafe to enter my blogs. Bought some yogurt ,pairs, apples, a bag of salad and a Scotsman newspaper. Brian ,Andy and Rain were home. Andy went out to get his pass taken care of. Brian left to do errrands and Lisa came to get Rain because Rain had a radio interview.
I am alone. It is nice.

August 5, 11 pm The Flat
Audience -22
Audience Members over 30 years of age- 0
I took a long nap and "made" the caesar salad I picked up on the way home. Andy shared his pre-packaged Mac & cheese with me. We took a cab over to the venue. Brian wanted to bring a couple of pieces so that we could reduce the change-up.
The company before us took a long time to finish and get out. So, that makes us late. We started out strong enough, but the audience was so young that they hadn't hadn't had their souls cruched completely by Corporate Dronage. Brian was ad-libbing and cracking us up, but he wasn't quite satisfied. Since we started the show late, the show was getting later & later and so, we changed it up and went from Therapy Man to Depth Charges.
We finally got out venue passes. We met up with Rain, Calvin & Lisa & Jeff at the Pleasance and then we bumped in to Brendan Burns and he was so excited to see Rain and his friend invited her to see the UK showing of the Aristocrats and , without thinking , I said "Can we come too ? We're her flat mates !"Probably could have been more tactful, but , oh well,.. Then we came home to find that Brian and Andy had internet connection.

August 6, 1:15 pm The Flat
To explain the timelines- since I don't have easy access to a computer, I've been recording events in my notebook when I get a free moment. Which is why some entries are so short and others so long. I'll write when I get in and the I may not get to log again for another day or 2. I still haven't logged the actual description of our performance space. Which I will return to later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home